Every year, OPTICA presents a varied program of exhibitions, symposia, and artists’ talks, while investing in curated exhibitions on themes developed at the centre. These activities all propose a critical reflection on current issues in art, sustained and accompanied by the production of relevant publications.
The centre comprises two exhibition spaces and provides professional technical support in the gallery. Artists and curators are invited to submit projects for the gallery’s regular program. Project proposals are reviewed by the programming committee, which makes its recommendations for production.
OPTICA pays exhibition fees to artists and curators according to the scale recommended by the RAAV and the CARFAC.
Deadline (postmark) : February 28 (main gallery and small gallery)
Your proposal should include the following:
- an up-to-date CV
- a cover letter and / or description of the project
- 10 to 20 digital images (CD-Rom) of recent work*
- video tape or DVD (if appropriate)
- press clippings, catalogues
- a self-addressed return envelope (include a postal cheque in Canadian funds for all international returns)
* For digital images, please only submit MAC-compatible JPG files in RGB colour, at 72dpi, and no larger than 0.5 MB and 1024x768 pixels. Please include a printed version (contact sheet) with your proposal.
OPTICA will inform artists and curators of its decision in writing.
Detailed gallery floor plan in PDF format (for printing)
Main gallery: 137 m2
Small gallery: 31 m2
Ceiling height: 3.05 m